Welz SP220 Power Meter
Quick Operating Guide
To measure SWR:
1) Set Function switch to CAL position.
2) Rotate the CAL control fully anti-clockwise.
3) Plug in the morse key and key the transmitter.
4) Rotate the CAL control to set the meter needle to the CAL position.
5) Set Function switch to the SWR position.
6) Note that the meter needle now reads SWR.
7) Release morse key.
To measure power:
The unit is a direct reading power meter when the Function switch is in the
POWER position. Simply select the required power range, and then select
forward/reverse on the Power switch.
To monitor the transmitted PEP:
The CAL control includes a push/pull switch to select 'Average Power' (with
the switch pushed in), or Peak Envelope Power (with the switch pulled out).
When you pull the CAL switch with the Function switch in the POWER position,
the meter adds a sort of 'peak hold' feature so that you can gain a rough
idea of the peak envelope power of a SSB signal.