Most of my QRP operation has been on the MF and HF bands.
My current equipment includes:
- Home made CW transceiver for 80 m;
- Icom R71E receiver (my main station receiver);
- Icom IC756PRO3 (used for testing/aligning home made equipment);
- Home made solid-state VXO transmitter for 80/60/40/30/20 m;
- QCX transceiver for 60 m;
- Yaesu FR-50B receiver;
- Yaesu FL-50B transmitter with an external home made VFO; and,
- Home made 4 valve VXO transmitter for all bands 10 to 160 m.
The measurement of transmitter output power is accomplished using a Welz SP220 power
A home made audio band pass filter to the PA0LQ design significantly
improves CW reception.